Now that the holiday season is winding down AND a certain little baby boy is taking [slightly] longer naps...I thought I'd take a moment and blog about our first family Christmas!!
Christmas Eve day we went out with friends: Blair & Tim and JB & Arielle over at a microbrewry called "The Sly Fox." Wyatt met Arielle for the first time and we all had a good time catching up - even though it was too short a time. We found out some exciting news: Blair and Tim are expecting a buddy for Wyatt this July [I of course cried because I was thrilled and because I am still charged up with post-pregnancy hormones]. God sends us such awesome blessings when He knows we need it - we wish Blair & Timmy the best of luck and a healthy pregnancy!!
Christmas Eve [night] we abided by a Cole family tradition and ordered take-out Chinese for dinner and ate over at my parent's house before church. We went to Good Sam for mass and Wyatt was an angel - didn't wake up or cry once!! I was a bit nervous about him stirring during "Silent Night" [of all the songs to possibly wake up during - ek!] Luckily, all went well and we drove back home before Santa's arrival...
Christmas morning was spent at our new townhome in Phoenixville, PA. Adam and I were excited to help Wyatt open his presents...ok, we opened all of them just about for him! We put on a pot of coffee and had a nice time checking out the great gifts he recieved for his first Christmas - thank you everyone!! Santa brought a few new and special ornaments for our Cole family Christmas tree. After we opened presents at our house we leisurely got ready [which is not fast when you're dealing with an infant] and then drove back over to my parent's [aka. Nana & Grandpa's]. We arrived to a warm house with an equally warm brunch and of course more presents for Wyatt. It was a nice relaxing day all around - especially since my dad was home from Papau New Guinea. Unfortunately, Mike has been working over in Sweden so he was unable to come home for the holidays; but we look forward to seeing him soon and meeting Wyatt.
The next day we woke up and prepared for our surprise visit to Honesdale, PA to visit with Adam's family. The surprise was excellent and we were able to facilitate a meeting with both of Wyatt's great- grandmothers and his cousins. It was a great trip and we look forward to a future visit!!

No comments:
Post a Comment